When becoming a member by logging in using other social media sites, respective member's nickname, ID, and profile image will be collected from the corresponding social media site. Login is possible with email address instead of logging in with social media and email address and password will be collected.
While using the service, name, date of birth, gender, email address and mobile phone number will be collected by receiving the user's consent. When personal verification is made, name, date of birth, gender, duplicate information (DI), encoded connecting information (CI), mobile phone number and wireless network provider (upon mobile phone verification), and Korean/foreigner registration information are collected.
In addition, in the course of using services, IP addresses, payment history, service use records, records of poor use, device information, etc. may be automatically generated and collected.
The company collects personal information to provide services in the following manner:
- Directly collected from the user during the course of subscription and use of K-POP Click service (hereafter referred to as K-POP Click Service)
- Provided from the affiliated partners
- Collected through the created information-gathering tools
The company uses the collected information for the following purposes:
- To help users seamlessly access services
- To identify users and prevent illegal use of services
- To create statistical data about service use
- For surveys and analysis required to improve services
- For a lottery and prizes shipment of campaigns and events
- To identify users and respond to an inquiry when there is one from a user
- To notify depending on needs, including important notices, etc.
- To deliver information (including advertisement) and customized services provided by the Company, including K-POP Click services
- For users' identity verification, purchases and payments as well as delivery of goods and services according to the provision of paid service
In principle, the company does not provide any external party with the personal information of the user without prior written consent.
However, exceptions are as follows:
- If the user agrees in advance
- If under the provisions of the law and regulations
- Users may examine or correct their own registered personal information at any time, and ask to have their account deleted.
- If the user asks for correction of an error in their personal information, the relevant personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is completed. In addition, if this incorrect personal information was already provided to a third party, we will notify the result of correction to the third party without delay and have it corrected.
- The company will terminate or delete personal information upon the request of the users as specified in the “Period of retention and use of personal information”, and also process not to browse or use for other purposes.
- Use of our service is restricted to children under 14.
They are used to identify the visit and use types and the volume of users of the services and websites that the users have used, and to provide optimized information to the users.
The installation/operation and rejection of cookies
The users have the option to set cookies. The users may allow or deny the storage of cookies from the option menu which is available in the browser and OS. However, if they refuse to save cookies, some services requiring login may not be accessible.
In principle, the company will destroy the personal information of users without delay, when purposes of collecting and using personal information have been achieved. However, if there is a need to store it pursuant to the company’s internal policy or the relevant laws and regulations, it may be kept for a certain period of time.
[Cases when the personal information is kept in accordance with the laws]
- Consumer Protection Law in Electronic Commerce, etc.
Records such as contract or cancellation, etc., of an order: Five (5) years
Records regarding supply of payment, goods, etc.: Five (5) years
Records regarding consumer complaints or dispute resolutions: Three (3) years
- Protection of Communications Secrets Act
Three (3) months of storing access log records
[Cases when the personal information is kept in accordance with the company standards]
Nickname and profile image for CS processing of withdrawn member: Three (3) months
The company’s destruction procedures and methods for personal information are as below:
- Destruction procedures
After the purpose of use is achieved, the information that the user entered for the service use shall be destroyed in accordance with internal policy and the relevant laws and regulations after being stored for a certain period of time. The relevant personal information shall not be used for purposes other than the storage purpose, except in cases according to the law.
- Destruction methods
Personal information printed on paper shall be destroyed in a shredder, and personal information stored as an electronic file type shall be deleted by using technical methods that will disable the reproduction of the records.